Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1.27.10 – Seeing Red


Well, I took the copies of my brand new x-rays to the Chi Master tonight, who was far better able to explain them to me than the doctor was on Monday. I have at least one bulging disc in the sacrum area, and possibly two (the x-rays are a bit hard to make out). I have now been demoted from Level 3 in Tai Chi to Level 1/Level 2. I think I’m more annoyed about this than the bulging disc(s). I am the consummate overachiever.

The other frustrating thing is all I seem to be surrounded with is issues I feel I shouldn’t have to think about for another ten or twenty years. I shouldn’t have to be discussing chronic pain management solutions with people twenty+ years older than me other than for curiosity reasons. I shouldn’t have to discuss joint medications with my 73 year-old friend’s mother. No wonder I feel old.

The only slightly childish amusement I get from this episode is that the joint supplement I’m taking is a fruity, powdery substance that you mix with water and which temporarily stains your tongue red. It reminds of summer days eating way too cherry popsicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment