Monday, January 18, 2010

1.18.10 – Is a change needed, and if so, what direction?


I’m not a religious person, but I do like to believe there is a reason for things happening, or signs. I was just rear-ended AGAIN about two hours ago. That makes three accidents in less than a year and a half. None of the accidents were my fault, but that’s not much consolation, especially as I feel the inflammation rise.

I was almost in an accident last week, which made me come to the realization that the freelance work I had been doing for the place I was leaving, I’d like to come to an end. I’m wondering if this is also a sign about the day job I was leaving late from when this happened. I don’t want to believe the universe hates me or that I’m just really unlucky. I want to believe this needed to happen for some reason, but that it will also stop happening.

It does reconfirm my desire to be in a larger city, preferably in Europe, where there is public transportation, so I won’t have to drive so much, making me less of a target potentially. Other than that, I just don’t know.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope this doesn't make your back worse.

    Just don't move to Italy: I never felt more at risk as a pedestrian in my life!

    I like this image + music match. I stared at the line near the top of the screen for a long time before I realized it must be the edge of the table.

    I love your still movies so much, I had thought mine would be like yours, but they aren't turning out the same.
    It's fun to see oneself revealed in something like this--like watching a Polaroid develop slowly.

    I do think everything has a meaning, if only because we assign it one... and since it's our life, it's ours to assign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the additional pain is just temporary. It could have been a lot worse.

    I have heard Italy might be too fast paced for me, but would still like to visit.

    It is interesting that even using similar tools and parameters we can make very different creations, but then we are different and see things differently. That's what makes it all so interesting and worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete