Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1.20.10 – Checking out the Surroundings


I’ve always found it interesting how tulips can start so straight and closed-down, still beautiful, but not showing anything to you at first. These orange ones I picked up on Saturday seem to have become quite lively now, living up to their color. At first, it struck me that perhaps they were trying to escape, but the more I look at them I think they just feel comfortable enough to show themselves and are curious to see what else is around them.

3 comments:

  1. Funny: our movies both had a Dutch theme today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with a friend of mine this morning who is Dutch, plus I just picked up another bouquet of tulips this afternoon (yellow this time). Maybe the Netherlands is in the air or we're just on the same wavelength. Either way it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, chocolate and tulips! All good!

    ReplyDelete