Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1.13.10 – Half Full or Half Empty?


I always thought it was a silly thing to ask how people saw a glass at its half way mark, thinking there were so many other questions that would better define a person. That said, no matter how much of a cynic, sarcastic pessimist I project to the world, I do see the glass half full. It doesn’t matter how bleak things get or how much I sit and cry on my couch over all the mistakes I’ve made and opportunities I let slip by, I still believe things will get better and I’ll get through whatever mess I’m in.

This week has been truly and utterly lousy, yet I’m trying to convince myself that perhaps since it was so lousy at the beginning of the week, something great will happen at the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I was struck by the cool refraction (is that the right word?) within the glass.
    I'm sorry your week has been lousy. Finding your blog-movies sure has made mine better!
    Hey, maybe something wonderful will happen even before the weekend. (Personally, Thursday would be nice, but Friday'd be good too.)

    [Sorry if this posts more than once---it didn't seem to go through the first time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresca,

    The refraction/reflection was one of those lucky accidents that I didn't even realize until I imported the movie and started working on it. I like it when that happens.

    Your comments and encouragement have made the week far less lousy than it would have been otherwise, so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete