Monday, November 16, 2009

11.16.09 – The Cost of Modern Medicine


I hate going to the doctor. My body doesn't seem to respond as most doctors' think it should. I'm also currently having to pay for my own insurance, which causes it to really be too expensive to see the doctor as I have to pay both the co-pay and anything extra that's done to me (I've found out the hard way that most physicians claim lab work when nothing is sent to the lab in order to get their expenses covered by insurance policies).

This morning I went for my annual visit to the doctor and had to put off a preventative test because I just couldn't afford it at the moment. It was for something that I have no family history in and have had no problems with, so I felt relatively safe in deferring this test, but did have to deal with the doctor's displeasure and attempts to convince me it needed to be done.

I voted for Obama, hoping he would change things for the better, but I'm not surprised that he and the rest of the spineless politicians not only haven't changed healthcare for the American people for the better, they’re about to make it far more costly for people who already can't afford it.

The short film is an exaggeration of the events, but not by much. I hope for a time when I can focus on my health instead of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment