Sunday, November 15, 2009

11.15.09 – Switch On for Guidance


Sometimes I wish I did have a religion to fall back on for guidance. Growing up in a fairly distorted Christian household and a church where all I saw was hypocrisy put a rather bad taste in my mouth for all religions. I toyed with the idea of finding some religion in college, but found fault in all of them, and in the end, found it best to rely on my own inner knowing.

Still, it would be nice to flip a switch at times and have someone tell me what I should do.

http://amovieaday.blip.tv

1 comment:

  1. Bee~ep!

    You've reached..
    Ever Virgin 23:30 - "Bla-blah"

    The Sacred Mission Of..
    Perfect Mary 43:18 - "Bla-di-blah"

    Christ Co-mediatrix..
    Mother Of God 67:14 - "Bla-bla-blak-sheep-er-i-mean-holy-black-madonna"

    Co-redemptrix Of..
    Venial 91:22 - "Sin"

    OK, maybe I made that all up. How can you know what's been made up? And what's really written in the Bible? I can only think that the answer is to read it for yourself. If it's not in there, then it's either been made up by Christendom or the ideas have been grafted in over the centuries from the pagans that Christendom conquered & slaughtered as they tried to help convert them to their idea of 'Christianity':

    Christmas, Easter, All Soul's Day, Trinity, Holy Foreskin, Day Of The Dead, Mary Mother Of God, Jesus = God = Ghost, The Three Santas With Their Presents For Baby Jesus In Lovely Straw Manger, St Francis & The Cuddly Pets, Splinters Of The True Cross In The Holy Golden Case, The Three Sacred Drops Of Christ's Blood From The Cross In The Blessed Talisman Vial, Purgatory, Hellfire, Immortal Soul Suffering In An Afterlife, etc.

    No, you don't need me to guide you. You don't need religion to guide you. You don't need anyone to guide you. You just need to read the Bible. Work it all out for yourself. For most people it sits there on a shelf, year after year, under their noses, gathering dust. What an irony.

    Time to go Dania, my dinner's ready.

    ReplyDelete