Saturday, November 14, 2009

11.14.09 – Having it All


I’m single, never been married, don’t really care if I get married, have no children, and don’t think I want children. I accept that other people are different and may want and need things I don’t. What frustrates me is that everyone assumes that if you are a woman that you want to be married and have children and look at you with pity when they find out you have neither husband nor child. When I was younger I thought I wanted the traditional life, but I really just wanted to hide behind someone else and not have to deal with what I really wanted out of my life and was afraid to seek.

Lots of people love sports and others hate them. We are all different. Having it all doesn’t necessarily mean the same thing to everyone. I think the world will be a better place once we all come to terms with the fact that we don’t all want the same things.
http://amovieaday.blip.tv

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this one. Actually, me & my sister. Society may make it a little easier for guys to remain bachelors, but one of my supervisors has asked me several times if I think I'll find Mrs. Right anytime soon. I think he wants to have those conversations about how my kids are doing at school!

    ReplyDelete