Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4.27.10 – Imperfection


Wanting things to be perfect or not wanting to try something if I couldn’t do it perfectly has always been a problem with me. I’m not quite sure where it came from, but I’m sure it’s some sort of insecurity from my family upbringing. Having to create a film a day has been good at working on this problem, as there’s no possible way I could create a perfect film every day and work and have a life. Still, I continue to be annoyed at the imperfection in my life, whether it be noticing that someone nicked my bumper (luckily when I wasn’t in the car this time) of my new-to-me car or the newly painted, but ugly and messed up, walls in my apartment.

I was recently thinking about Frank Lloyd Wright homes after an article I noticed from a fellow blogger. I’ve always loved his architecture and felt at home the first time I toured one of his homes, yet I know I could never live in one of them, at least not year round. My clutter, and things I don’t consider clutter, would never fit in. A friend recently commented about his homes that it’s hard to live in perfection. I suppose that’s why I should embrace the imperfection around me, knowing it enables me to comfortably breathe and live and take chances.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    this was an interesting and brief shoot.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jesse. Some days brief is all I can do.

    Glad you're back blogging.

    ReplyDelete