Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3.9.10 – Collaboration


Lately a number of things have been making me think about collaborations, either romantic or otherwise. I’ve been reading Twyla Tharp’s book The Collaborative Habit, where she points out the importance of collaboration and how to make it work. Her ability to roll with the punches and gracefully deal with change is clearly a needed factor in this, and in life in general.

I haven’t had great luck in either working full-time in organizations (full-time is probably the key) or in relationships. There always seems to be an imbalance of power that I have trouble dealing with over time. I keep feeling that there has to be a way to find balance and have seen a few partnerships and relationships work out, but only a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment