Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3.2.10 – Is it Recall time yet?


I tend to tell people that I live in either the Greater Cincinnati area or just Cincinnati, but actually I currently live in Northern Kentucky. It’s not that I’m ashamed of this, but I don’t feel I live in Kentucky, as I can see the downtown Cincinnati skyscrapers from my parking lot. With the current lunacy of Kentucky’s Sen. Jim Bunning (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-1-2010/senate-after-dark), I am ashamed to live here.

I didn’t vote for him, in fact my political views have progressively gone farther and farther to the left so much that I usually feel that the Democrats aren’t liberal enough anymore. Mostly I just feel frustrated that I don’t seem to have any power over the current situation in the country. I was so hopeful last November when Obama was elected president, yet I’m so disappointed and disillusioned now.

Trying to perk myself up, I looked up recall elections online, thinking maybe this could be the answer, but Kentucky, unfortunately, does not allow it. Eighteen other states do (http://www.ncsl.org/LegislaturesElections/ElectionsCampaigns/RecallofStateOfficials/tabid/16581/Default.aspx), in case anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment