Saturday, March 20, 2010

3.20.10 – Coming Together


I often think about the strange and circuitous paths in life that have brought me where I am, mostly daydreaming about doing it all over differently. The thing is, I wonder if I had been smart, taken more risks, and made fewer mistakes, would I still be the same person and would I have met the same people. There are obviously many people I’ve met I’d prefer to erase from my memory, but others have positively affected me and I’d be sad to have not known them. If only we could choose the paths that bring us to the right point that brings it all together.

3 comments:

  1. The light in the window in the lower left is really arresting--like a little bit of Vermeer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fresca.

    I was a bit stuck yesterday and walked outside to get my mail and was taken by how beautiful the sky looked and loved all the lines coming together. I do find I'm noticing things (and the beauty in the commonplace) far more now than I did before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, even though I'm not making movies much or even taking still photos, I see the world differently from having made them.
    I walk around and see Movies of the Day everywhere!

    ReplyDelete