Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12.8.09 – Futuristic Hair


When I was growing up, hair salons in cartoons and sci-fi shows were always entertaining and fairly exciting. In The Flintstones prehistoric animals would wash your hair using their snouts and in The Jetsons and other sci-fi shows machines would come down over your head and quickly change the color and style. This we still don’t have, along with flying cars.

Instead, like most women who alter their hair (probably 99% of the female population, or so it seems to me), I have to spend hours, and I mean HOURS, to get the look that I want. This is probably why I put off getting my hair done until it starts looking really really bad.

While I enjoy gossiping and hearing about other people’s lives while I wait at the salon, I would gladly accept the quick-change hair styler machine over a flying car any day.

My thanks to Bonnie Wynn of A Head of the Times for not only making me look lovely, but also serving as Director of Photography today. Today’s film is a bit longer, but don’t worry, it’s just the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment