Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12.15.09 – Where is my Christmas Spirit?


Supposedly, when I was child, I begged my mother to keep our fake Christmas tree (what would you expect in Florida) up for a whole year. I think it had more to do with my not understanding my parents’ separation than my love of Christmas. Still, I ended up repeating that event later in life.

About a year after I left my full-time career to get back to a better path for me, I bought my first tree as an adult. I had thought about it over the years, but it always seemed like such a hassle. I felt a strange force pushing me to get the tree and it was indeed a hassle, causing me to not want to be bothered to take it down and put it back up again. It ended up standing in my living room for nearly three years until I had to move it in order to create a path for the cable person to do work on my line inside.

The tree, the lights, and all the ornaments have sat in my basement since then. I toyed with the idea of putting it back up again this year, but after looking at it in my kitchen for a few hours, I don’t think I can do it, and, instead think it will be going to Goodwill tomorrow. Perhaps you can burn yourself out on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment