Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6.8.10 – College Daze


For a lack of a better term, I’m still in a nostalgic phase over my lost college years. I even searched through Facebook via my college and was both confused (“these people don’t look even remotely familiar”) and frightened (“oh my god, what happened to them”). This, of course, made me ponder the mirror and wonder if I looked that bad and that old. Hopefully not.

I’m not particularly happy with how I look right now, as I haven’t regained my body back after these car accidents, but I didn’t look that great in college either. When I think back on it, I suppose I was hiding out – hiding my body with fat and clothes and bad hair in order to keep men who might be bad for me away since I wasn’t very emotionally strong back then. I was also physically hiding out due to roommate problems the majority of the time I was in school. I was pretty much M.I.A. to most of the people I knew for about a year there over a lot of craziness that was going on. I’d get up early and be off to campus as quickly as I could get out of my dorm room. Since I worked in the art department, I had keys to the studios and offices, and would hide out in the Chair of the art department’s office after the library closed, and way past when students should have been in the building. Maybe that’s why so many of the people on Facebook don’t look familiar to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment