Monday, June 7, 2010

6.7.10 – Say Ahh


The downside of Facebook is that you see people that look familiar and whose names sound familiar, but you can’t place them; then you suddenly realize you went to college with them. This happened to me recently. I ended up googleing the person and found out three people I graduated with are now medical doctors. This seemed to really surprise. For one thing, I didn’t recall that any of them were pre-med, but I also keep wanting to believe I’m still too young to be a doctor or to have graduated with them. That is clearly not the case. I called my only friend from college that I’m still friends with, who was also surprised about this fact, but she seemed to be more in the line of thinking that she wouldn’t trust anyone from college with her life. It does change things when you remember the so-called authority behaving really, really badly when they were young. I don’t think I’ll be making any appointments with any of them anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment