Sunday, June 13, 2010

6.13.10 – Leap


One of the entertainment complexes near where I live has added a trapeze jump, bringing back memories of Carrie in Sex in the City trying to make the leap on the trapeze. Very rarely do I actually see customers on this trapeze. I suppose there aren’t that many daredevils in the Cincinnati area.

It does make me think of Seth Godin’s blog entry today, which discussed the fact that, even though none of us want to believe it, there are no shortcuts. He ended his piece stating “leaps look good on movies, but in fact, success is mostly about finding a path and walking it one step at a time.” In a time of American Idol mania that is now even encroaching the art world, it seems discouraging to think that it’s all about small, continuous steps, but I think he’s right.

No comments:

Post a Comment