Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5.5.10 – One thing done, a million more to go…


My friend’s mother gave me this patio set several years ago. It was already developing rust, which I let get out of control. Every year I’d say I was going to paint it and then winter would be here and the set would get rustier. I finally took care of it over the last two days, although I did a fairly lousy job of it. Of course I really didn’t have time this week to deal with it and ended up getting up early to work on it before work and even took advantage of our faulty motion detector light that instead of coming on when you’re in its path, stays on around the clock. I’m not sure what my neighbors thought of me out painting last night at 10:00. Still, no one would ever hire me as a painter and with my allergies, that’s a good thing. From a distance it doesn’t look too bad. The set is from the 1950s and I think the umbrella from the 1970s (and beginning to look its age).

As much of a hassle as it was to do (and it still needs touch ups that I’m trying to talk myself into doing before I go to bed tonight), it was rewarding to actually have something I’ve been meaning to do for so long finally accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment