Friday, May 28, 2010

5.28.10 – Holidays


One of the drawbacks to the life I’m currently leading – not working full-time at any one place – is that I don’t appreciate holidays, and sometimes even forget about them. When I was full-time and working in jobs I hated, I lived for holidays and vacations. Now I have control of my schedule for the most part, but that means I often work weekends and holidays in order to get things done. I think I’d rather have it the way it is now. I may have appreciated time off more before, but I have more freedom now, which is worth all the holidays put together.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's me too!
    I'm sitting at a coffee shop this Saturday morning getting ready to polish my ms due Tuesday.
    Everyone else seems to be getting ready to hit the road for the 3-day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did manage to take off yesterday and see a middle eastern movie fest at the art museum, but I will need to work today and tomorrow. It is nice not to have that hustle of getting everything done, seen, etc. before the holiday ends.

    ReplyDelete