Saturday, May 29, 2010

5.29.10 – The pluses of being a late bloomer


I watched a documentary this morning on the former child stars who had been in the musical Annie. Some, like Sarah Jessica Parker, have done quite well, but others haven’t been able to stay in the business or achieve that kind of success ever again. You could feel the hurt in some of these women still over things that had happened to them at that young age. One commented that she had felt bewildered realizing that her career had peaked at the age of 10.

I too would have liked to have been Annie when I was a girl, or any other child star I saw on television. I didn’t want to be them, but myself in their lives. It seemed much better than my own life. It was good to see that my frustrations I still fight with over lost years and not pursuing my dreams when I was in my teens or twenties may not have hurt me. Yes, it would have been amazing to be on a film set at that age, but I think I’m far better prepared and in a better state of mind to handle that kind of craziness now than I was then. Maybe being a late bloomer’s not such a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment