Thursday, September 17, 2009

9.17.09 -- Accident

All it takes is a split second of looking away to find yourself either causing or experiencing an accident. I got rear-ended this morning by a woman in medical clothing with a cigarette – unlit – seemingly glued to her left palm. My assumption was that she was about to light the cigarette and looked away for her lighter and ended up hitting my car that was stopped at a red light, as it seems no other explanation for the unlit cigarette to be in the hand. I’ve never heard of people rubbing cigarettes for luck and it apparently didn’t give her any. The damage seems minor, but then it seemed that way in the accident last year where I took the brunt of the damage. I’m hoping that’s not the case again.

Last year someone told me that accidents are the universe’s way of giving you an opportunity to change your life. While I’m someone who daydreams about change, I’m not so good at embarking on it and become annoyed when it is thrust upon me. Perhaps something will come of this.


http://amovieaday.blip.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment