Friday, September 11, 2009

9.11.09 -- Tai Chi

After I was released from chiropractic care early this year, following my car accident, I was still experiencing pain and lack of mobility. As annoying as that was, it was probably a good thing since it pushed me into Tai Chi. I’m still greatly lacking in grace and coordination, which all the instructors, I’m sure, can attest to, but I keep at it a little a day. I do feel improvement and have not had to go back to the chiropractor or seek out drugs.

I am amazed at how most of us move around everyday without thinking about how our legs or arms are moving and how they work together. I still find great difficulty in getting my legs to do one thing and my arms to do another, yet I clearly unconsciously am doing this all day long. Having one leg bend, while the other stays straight, and the arms go up is the pinnacle of frustration. It looks so easy, yet, at least for me at this point in time, it is not.

http://amovieaday.blip.tv/

No comments:

Post a Comment