Sunday, August 1, 2010

8.1.10 – The End?


Over these past several days, I’ve done what I always do when I'm sick – watch television and movies. I find it’s difficult reading a book when you’re constantly wiping your nose or sneezing.

One of the films I watched was Collapse, which was a documentary focusing on Michael Ruppert, a journalist who’s been trying for years to blow the whistle on the world with what was going on with peak oil and its related issue – the economy. I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt that depressed after watching a movie. Somehow hearing how much worse everything is going to get and that we need to start saving seeds that hadn’t been chemically altered and grow food to eat was not really what you want to hear anytime, especially when you’re sick. Still, a great deal of what was said made a lot of sense and made me really angry. I think a lot people have seen the dangerous course we’ve been on and haven’t done anything about it, just hoping they’d get their big payoff in the end or make it out unscathed. I wonder if anyone’s going to make it out unscathed. Mostly it makes me more upset that I haven’t traveled much or done the things I wanted to do when there was a better chance to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment