Friday, August 20, 2010

8.20.10 -- No End in Sight


Like many Americans, I was appalled by the catastrophic ineptitude of the Iraq war, and after watching and reading too much in the media, tuned out to most of the movies and documentaries that have come out. Lately I've begun watching these films and reading the books. I'm not really sure why. While those that have come forward to speak the truth may give more indictments of the Bush administration, it doesn't change anything or help the mess we're in. It hasn't stopped any of these past officials (i.e. war criminals) from acquiring high paying jobs and getting paid thousands of dollars to speak at dinners. None of them are in jail and probably never will receive what anyone would feel to be justice.

I just hope there is an end to all this, that doesn't involve all of our ending, and that it happens during my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment