Thursday, May 27, 2010

5.27.10 – The New Oldies Station


While I was at my hairdresser’s recently I got hooked on a new radio station, which plays 80s music and beyond (mostly 80s, but some 70s, 90s, and more recent hits). I began to get interested in music during my pre-teens and like most kids that age (back then) listened to the radio. Somehow hearing those songs again flooded me with nostalgia and I ended pulling out a number of the cassette tapes and CDs from that era.

It didn’t hit me until today that this was the new oldies station for people my age (I’ll finally admit it – I’m 40). When I was in high school and college, the oldies station played Elvis and the Beach Boys. Now they play Duran Duran, Styx, Journey, the BeeGees, and even some Michael Jackson and Madonna. The nostalgia was already beginning to bring up the fact of there being way too many years that have gone by of not doing the things I had planned to do and haven’t done yet. Realizing I’m now old enough for an oldies station is a little hard to deal with right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment