Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12.14.10 – Max


I just found out one of my friend’s cats passed away last month. While that may seem to be a non-event to some, I’m very sad. He was my favorite cat and quite probably one of my favorite people. Max was lovely in every respect. When I needed a fictional fiancée for some spy work for my day-job, it seemed only natural to choose Max (of course that could be a response to the not-so-lovely men I’ve been attracted to and attracted over the years).

I think I’m also sad since this is a reminder (as if I needed one) that all things end. He’d been declining for a while, but as I saw him infrequently, for no good reason now that I think of it, in my mind he always seemed full of vibrancy and intensity. My out of sight out of mind attitude has helped me through a lot, but it doesn’t always produce the result I want.

Just today I had someone mention the disbelief that it will be 2011 in a few weeks. Normally the passing of the old year would depress me, serving as a reminder of the few things I accomplished this year that I had wanted to. Now, after so much unpleasantness this year, perhaps a new year and new slate will help. Maybe I can even channel some of Max’s intensity and his air of authority.

Photos by Howard Wells

http://daniaeliot.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. What a celebration of the life of a great kitty. I think Max wants you to have a good new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a great kitty. A good new year would be a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete