Saturday, September 4, 2010

9.4.10 – Waving the flag


It gets more and more irritating and just plain sad to watch what's done by people in this country claiming these things are being done to protect our freedom and way of life. Those same people always wear flag pins and proclaim themselves proud Americans, but what they do usually makes me ashamed. I remember being in Denmark not long after the Iraq war began and being so relieved when I was mistaken for being British, even though Tony Blair certainly played his role in the war. I had such great hopes that when Barack Obama took office things would be completely different (a state of the union address claiming that the combat in Iraq is ended doesn't change the fact that our soldiers are still there). It was a wishful dream. Maybe something good really will happen in the next two years. I'll keep on wishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment