Friday, October 2, 2009

10.2.09




I try to accept that the changes with technology are a good thing, but sometimes we do lose out when items become obsolete. I remember how exciting it was when my father got a Polaroid camera when I was young. It seemed like utter magic to hear that unique sound, and then watch the picture pop out of the camera, and finally watch with amazement at the image slowly developing.

Kids growing up now won’t experience that. True, the digital cameras produce a better image and you can then print to a printer with sharper details and brighter colors (of course having the Polaroid film in the refrigerator for who knows how many years don’t do it justice), but there is something lacking in picture taking for me now. Maybe it’s that the magic has gone.

http://amovieaday.blip.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment